C A S T R O S C E N E # 1 2
Since the 1880's, a stable for the horses of area residents stood at 557 Castro. In 1900, it was replaced by a red brick structure housing the Castro Garage, an auto repair and machine shop. The garage remained in business until 1980 when it was renovated and turned into a mini-mall. Then it became Headlines, an eclectic collection of greeting and postcards. gifts, drug paraphernalia, and clothing. Headlines closed their doors in 1998.
" C A S T R O G A R A G E "